We are seeking students who:
- Are highly motivated
- Have a strong academic background
- Are committed to excellence
- Demonstrate a genuine interest and plan for a career in clinical voice care
Duke Voice Care Center provides semester-long externship opportunities for graduate SLP clinicians interested in clinical voice care. Eligible students will learn how to evaluate and treat patients with a variety of voice disorders including traumatic vocal fold lesions, vocal fold paralysis, chronic cough, vocal cord dysfunction, laryngeal cancer, spasmodic dysphonia and more. Our speech pathologists work alongside DVCC laryngologists to care for a variety of patients, pediatric to geriatric, with laryngeal pathologies from acute to medically complex. DVCC team members see patients in multiple locations, giving students the chance to train in outpatient clinics in both Raleigh and Durham.
How to Apply
Student applicants: To apply for a student externship at DVCC, please contact your clinical supervisor who can facilitate communication for an institutional affiliation with Duke Voice Care Center.
Institution affiliations: Please contact our DVCC Liaison at 919-681-4984 if you would like to:
- Establish an affiliation with Duke Voice Care Center
- Have a student complete an advanced externship at DVCC
- Discuss student externship opportunities at Duke Voice Care Center in greater detail
If you have any further questions, please contact us at 919-681-4984.