College/University: The University of Texas at Austin
Medical School: The University of Texas Health Science Center Houston McGovern Medical School
Clinical and Research Interests
- Nasal septal perforation
- Osteoradionecrosis of the temporal bone
What were you looking for in a residency program?
- Resident personality and goodness of fit
- All subspecialties represented
- Program strength in neurotology and facial plastics
- Resident operative autonomy
What are the strengths of the Duke program?
- Research emphasis and allotted time and funds
- Exceptional resident camaraderie and quality of life
- Well-established national brand
What advice do you have for incoming interns?
- Work just as hard off-service as you do on-service. There is always something useful to learn.
- Don't try to compare your social life to that of non-colleagues.
What do you like best about living in Durham and the Triangle?
The woods. I am staggered by the natural beauty of this region of the country, and I do everything I can to spend time outdoors, whether trail running or swimming in the Eno River.
What do you like to do outside of Duke?
I love running, board games, and watching football.
Honors and Awards
- Eagle Scout Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- MD Anderson Cancer Center Summer Research Program Grant